SKN V SLZ Match #7, Carribean Premier League is back with another super exciting season this match will be between St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots V St. Lucia Zouks
About The Match
- The 7th match of the CPL 2020 will be held on August 22, Saturday between St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots V St. Lucia Zouks.
- The match will be telecasted live at 10AM (LT). Both teams have good in-form and young, talented players and quality West Indian batsmen.
- Head to head record goes in favour of St Kitts and Nevis Patriots. Both teams have played 10 matches against each other in CPL history in which St Kitts has won 5 games while St Lucia has won only 3 matches and 2 matches were interrupted by bad weather.
Link To Our App
Also Read:- CPL 2020 Predictions
- Venue – Tarouba, Trinidad
- Start time – 7:30 PM IST
- St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots- 1.83
- St. Lucia Zouks- 1.90
TV channels: Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1 HD, Star Sports 2, Star Sports 2 HD (Live & Highlights)
Live Streaming: Fancode, Hotstar, Foxtel Sports, Willow TV Online, NOW TV, Sky Go
CPL 2020 Point Table
|Trinbago Knight Riders||2||2||0||0||4|
|Guyana Amazon Warriors||2||1||1||0||2|
|St Lucia Zouks||2||1||1||0||2|
|St. Kitts and Nevis Patriots||2||0||2||0||0|
St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots News
- With a loss against Guyana Amazon Warriors, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots remain the only team to not have a win in its kitty.
- Consequently, they are languishing at the bottom of the table with a poor net run-rate of -0.826.
- While the two matches they have played so far have been tough, they haven’t looked convincing at all, at least with the bat, and will need to step up their game to have a chance in the match to follow.
- Batting first against the Warriors, they had the worst possible start as Imran Tahir teased Chris Lynn to play a false shot, which resulted in a wicket.
- Just when the Patriots were done with the consolidation and were looking to push the run-rate Chris Green had Evin Lewis stumped to reduce Patriots to 53 for 2.
- The loss of Evin Lewis, who was Patriots’ only player who looked in control, triggered a collapse from which the Patriots failed to recover.
- They kept losing wickets at regular intervals thereafter and were restricted to a total of 127 runs.
- While defending the total of 127 was never going to be easy, St Kitts and Nevis Patriots fought hard.
- Had it not been for the near-perfect innings from Shimron Hetmyer, the Patriots could have found success.
- Sheldon Cottrell and Jon Russ Jaggesar were brilliant up front as they didn’t allow the Hetmyer and Brandon King to take off in the powerplay.
- Rayad Emrit, however, was too short against Lewis and was punished for 31 runs in his 3 overs.
- He did well to pick up three wickets in his next couple of overs, but those wickets proved to be too little too late for the Patriots.
- All in all, the Patriots have struggled to play to their potential in the tournament so far.
- They have a decent batting line-up with the likes of Lynn, Lewis, and Ben Dunk, but have not found the rhythm yet. With bowling doing reasonably well, all they need is their batting to fire to its potential and if it happens, it could be hard to get past this Patriots unit.
St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots Key Players
- Evin Lewis
- Ben Dunk
- Rayad Emrit
- Sheldon Cottrell
St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots Probable XI
- Chris Lynn
- Evin Lewis
- Denesh Ramdin (wk)
- Nicholas Kelly
- Ben Dunk
- Jahman Hamiton
- Rayad Emrit (C)
- Jon-Russ Jaggesar
- Dominic Drakes/Sohail Tanvir
- Ish Sodhi
- Sheldon Cottrell
Bench – Joshua Da Silva, Dominic Drakes/Sohail Tanvir, Alzarri Joseph, Colin Archibald, Imran Khan.
St. Lucia Zouks News
- In the tournament so far, St Lucia Zouks have certainly managed to attract some eyeballs with the way they have performed so far.
- They were the least favorite team to win the tournament, but have surprised one and all with a terrific win over Barbados Tridents, the defending champions, albeit weather helped them a bit.
- As it stands, they are placed at the third spot on the ladder, with the Warriors and Knight Riders above them.
- They’ll be looking to register yet another win here, with which they’ll not only strengthen their position in the top half but will also have a chance to go at the top of the table.
- For the Zouks, there couldn’t have been a better way to shut their critics up than by defeating the defending champions.
- After being put into the field by Jason Holder, Daren Sammy brought all his experience to use as he marshaled the troops beautifully.
- They were put under the pump early in the innings as Johnson Charles started with a flurry of boundaries, but bounced back brilliantly as Tridents found difficult to score in the middle overs.
- The Zouks’ bowlers bowled in tight channels and tightened their hold once Kuggeleijn dismissed Charles.
- Known for his nagging accuracy, Mohammad Nabi returned with the miserly figures of 19 for 1 in 4 overs and his spell made pushed Tridents to take undue risks, which caused a mini-collapse.
- Roston Chase picked up a couple of wickets to kill the momentum that Tridents had built, before rain cut their innings short and the Zouks were set a target of 47 runs to win the match.
- While a total of 47 runs was never a stiff target to chase down, it still needed a bit of effort, especially in damp conditions against the likes of Rashid Khan and Sandeep Lamichhane.
- Rashid Khan was taken care of brilliantly by his fellow countryman, Mohammad Nabi, who smashed 15 off just 6 deliveries. Nabi, with his all-round effort, was eventually awarded the man of the match title.
- St Lucia Zouks looked like a complete team in the shortened match and the vulnerabilities that they displayed in their first match were arguably hidden by the rain.
- They have a batting lineup that can score quickly, but it remains to be seen if they’ll be able to maintain the pace for twenty overs.
- On paper, their batting lineup appears to be a bit fragile and inexperienced, but if their bowlers continue to produce performances as they did in the last match, St Lucia Zouks could have a very good shot at finishing in the top half of the table.
St. Lucia Zouks Key Players
- Andre Fletcher
- Rahkeem Cornwall
- Kesrick Williams
- Scott Kuggelejin
St. Lucia Zouks Probable XI
- Andre Fletcher (wk)
- Rahkeem Cornwall
- Mark Deyal
- Roston Chase
- Najibullah Zadran
- Mohammad Nabi
- Daren Sammy (c)
- Scott Kuggeleijn
- Obed McCoy
- Kesrick Williams
- Saad Bin Zafar
Bench – Javelle Glen, Kavem Hodge, Chemar Holder, Leniko Boucher, Kimani Melius, Zahir Khan.
Match Stats St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots V St. Lucia Zouks
Weather Report Of St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots V St. Lucia Zouks
There is a chance of rain interrupting the proceedings in this match. The heavens will possibly open up at 12 PM local time.
Pitch Stats Of St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots V St. Lucia Zouks
- The batting conditions should be better during the second half of the day as the lights take over.
- The threat of rain is never too far away from the islands and we are expecting some interruptions on match day but hopefully nothing too serious.
- The pitch is pretty good for batting but undeniably slow. Short bowling was very difficult to hit as the ball did not come nicely on to the bat. The boundaries are pretty long on one side of the wicket as well.
- Lynn V Nabi- 37 Runs- 1 Out- 284 S.R
- Lewis V Hodge- 37- 1 -269
- Lewis V Sammy- 62- 0 -238
- Sammy V Tanvir- 93- 1 -232
- Sammy V Emrit- 95- 6 -211
- Fletcher V Cottrell- 56- 2 -182
Recent Match Performance
- St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots- L L L W L
- St. Lucia Zouks- W L L W L
Head To Head Stats Of Previos 5 Matches
Cricket Betting Tips for St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots V St. Lucia Zouks
Online Betting Tips
Who will win between SKN V SLZ
Batting 2nd will win from Today Match Prediction
Winning Dream 11 Team for SKN V SLZ
Rayad Emrit, Evin Lewis, Ben Dunk
Roston Chase, Chris Lynn, Rahkeem Cornwall
Fantasy Team Suggestion
For Head to Head/Small Leagues:
For Grand/Mega Leagues:
Who will win today match?
Comment your own predictions for St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots V St. Lucia Zouks, 7th CPL Match? Who will win today’s match of SKN V SLZ?