Check out the Dream11 team prediction lineup for the upcoming MCI vs LYN, Champions League 2019-20. Get to know fantasy tips about pitch reports, likely perfect probable players, team previews, venue, and match timings. Play and Win amazing cash prizes today!
BEST FANTASY SITES
- MyFab11 (Refer Code: NEKRAJ
- PlayerzPot (Refer Code: R9FBFB66)
MCI vs LYN, Champions League 2019-20
Venue: Estadio da Luiz, Lisbon
Date: Sunday, August 16, 2020
Time: 12:30 AM 1ST
MCI TEAM NEWS
- Sergio Aguero is facing a losing battle to prove his fitness for Saturday’s Champions League quarter-final tie with Lyon. It would be a shock if Gabriel Jesus didn’t start even if Aguero recovered in time.
- Pep Guardiola welcomes back former Monaco and Marseille left-back Benjamin Mendy from suspension. Joao Cancelo played well in his absence but Mendy will hope to regain his place in the side here.
- Rodri and Ilkay Gundogan are favourites to start in midfield but David Silva and Bernardo Silva are options if Guardiola changes things around. Phil Foden played as a false nine against Madrid last time out and it wouldn’t be a surprise if the Spaniard threw in another tactical surprise here.
- Ferran Torres and Nathan Ake are summer signings and therefore cannot play in the 2019/20 Champions League.
LYN TEAM NEWS
- Moussa Dembele was surprisingly dropped against Juventus last week but it worked in Lyon’s favour as they ultimately went through. It remains to be seen whether he will return to the team here.
- Jason Denayer spent four years at Mancester City without making an appearance for the club but will face them here. Youssouf Kone is the only injury concern for the French side.
- Houssem Aouar has been linked with a summer move to City and is one to watch in this match from the Lyon side.
Injuries & Suspensions
MCI Ferran Torres – Out Nathan Ake – Out Sergio Agiiero – Doubtful
LYN Youssouf Kone – Doubtful
- Sterling 6 Goals 2 Assists
- Jesus 6 Goals 3 Assists
- Bruyne 1 Goals 2 Assists
- Depay 6 Goals
- Aouar 1 Goals 3 Assists
Ederson, Mendy, Laporte, Fernandinho, Walker, Gundogan, Rodrigo, Bruyne, Sterling, Jesus, B Silva
Dembele, Depay, Dubois, Caqueret, Guimaraes, Aouar, Cornet, Denayer, Marcelo, Marcal, Lopes
CAPTAIN & VICE CAPTAIN CHOICE
Bruyne, Sterling, Jesus, Depay
- Lyon were undefeated in both group games against Manchester City last season, winning one and holding City to a draw. In fact, City haven’t beaten Lyon in three attempts in the Champions League, their longest record against an opponent without a single victory. Moreover, having failed to win any of their last six matches against English opposition in the Champions League, Lyon are now unbeaten in their last four against such opposition.
- After relinquishing the Premier League title to Liverpool by a considerable distance, the pressure is on Pep Guardiola to finally deliver in the Champions League for City. They are the favourites on paper but they should expect a tough match.
- MCI 2-1 LYN
MCI VS LYN Dream11 Team
All our selections are based on In-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking In the match, pitch report and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.