Pakistan tour of England 2020
3 Test Matches and 3 T20s
1st Test 5th – 9th Aug Won By England
2nd Test 13th -17th Aug
3rd Test 21th – 25th Aug
1st T20- 28th Aug
2nd T20- 30th Aug
3rd T20- 1st Sept
About The Match
- Test cricket is never as exciting when two imperfect teams are playing each other in balanced conditions. This is exactly what we saw in the first test between England and Pakistan.
- Somehow, England managed to win a match that it should have never even been able to come close in.
- Pakistan does not have much time to dwell on the missed opportunities, though, and must remember that they dominated for most of the first match.
- The second and third test matches are going to be played in Southampton, a venue where England lost to the West Indies just a few weeks ago.
- England is going to be without Ben Stokes for the remainder of the series and that affects the balance of the team.
- Pakistan’s skipper is under tremendous pressure and will need to fire in upcoming matches otherwise his head could be on the line.
- Pakistan has only come back from 1-0 down twice in the past in England. Can it repeat the same this time around?
- England vs Pakistan 2nd Test Match 2020 is going to be be played at the Rose Bowl, Southampton starting on the 13th of August 2020.
Also Read:- Cricfrog: Cricket Betting Tips
- Venue – The Rose Bowl, Southampton
- Start time – 3:30 IST
- England- 2.05
- Pakistan- 4.33
- Draw- 2.87
TV channels: Sky Sports Cricket, Sony Six, Fox Sports, SuperSport, ATN Cricket Plus, Willow TV, Astro Cricket HD, OSN Sports Cricket HD, RTA, Gazi TV, Ten Sports Pakistan, SLRC
Live Streaming: SonyLiv, Now TV, SuperSport Live, Willow TV Online, Geo Super(Geo Tv)
- Is there anything that this England team cannot do? We talk of victories from difficult positions and England has made it a habit in recent years. The win against Pakistan in the first test was one of the best fourth inning comebacks in history and England is going to be relieved to not be 1-0 down in yet another series.
- However, that brilliant partnership between Jos Buttler and Chris Woakes does not hide their faults.
- The bowling was not as good as Pakistan’s for the most part.
- James Anderson and Jofra Archer, in particular, looked very pedestrian. We think there is room for change here and Archer could be rested in place of Ollie Robinson.
- We ideally would like to see James Anderson rested too in place of Sam Curran but whether that happens or not we will have to wait and see.
- England’s top-order is vulnerable and will now be without Ben Stokes for the rest of the series.
- Dan Lawrence, one of the reserve batsmen, has also had to leave the squad for personal reasons.
- This means we are going to see Zak Crawley back in the mix and Joe Root slide down to number four.
- England’s batting was already weak but without Stokes, it looks quite dicey.
- Buttler and Woakes pulled England out of trouble in the previous match but such partnerships are rare against a quality attack like Pakistan’s.
- Dominic Bess has been an afterthought in the matches he has played so far and that needs to change. Amar Virdi is waiting in the wings to put pressure on Bess if he does not get his act together very soon.
England Key Players
- Jos Butler
- Dom Sibley
- Stuart Broad
England Probable XI
- Rory Burns
- Dominic Sibley
- Joe Root (c)
- Zak Crawley
- Ollie Pope
- Jos Buttler (wk)
- Chris Woakes
- Dominic Bess
- Jofra Archer
- Stuart Broad
- James Anderson/Sam Curran
Bench – James Anderson/Sam Curran, Mark Wood
- A perfect start to the tour of England was right in front of Pakistan but they could not get over the final hurdle, that match is not going to come back, though, so there is no point dwelling on it.
- Can Pakistan get into another such strong position? Was its team selection correct? Are there any weaknesses that became apparent in the first match?
- Pakistan has an excellent bowling attack and that is not going to change overnight.
- Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Abbas, and Yasir Shah all had a very good match.
- Naseem Shah bowled well in patches but lacked the subtlety that his teammates posses.
- Shadab Khan did not bowl enough but he is the team’s fifth bowler so he cannot complain too much.
- We don’t think Pakistan is going to change its bowling attack for this match.
- This set of bowlers got it to the brink of victory and we are almost 100% sure that Pakistan will keep faith with the same players.
- The batting is a big concern for Pakistan, Shan Masood and Babar Azam played brilliantly in the first inning of the first test to put England under pressure.
- Both got out cheaply in the second inning. We are a bit concerned about Babar Azam.
- He is a class player, no doubt, but he just seems to be caught up in the hype around Big-4, Big-5, and others.
- He needs to play his natural game and he will find success once more.
- Pakistan’s batting is quite prone to collapses. Shadab Khan is batting way too high at number seven, Mohammad Rizwan does not seem comfortable in the English conditions, and Azhar Ali is going through a terrible patch of form.
- That leaves Masood, Azam, and Shafiq to score the bulk of the runs.
- Pakistan’s bowling is not in question but its batting needs to step up if it has to convert strong positions into a win.
Pakistan Key Players
- Babar Azam
- Shan Masood
- Shaheen Afridi
- Yasir Shah
Pakistan Probable XI
- Shan Masood
- Abid Ali/Fawad Alam
- Azhar Ali (c)
- Babar Azam
- Asad Shafiq
- Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
- Shadab Khan
- Yasir Shah
- Mohammad Abbas
- Shaheen Afridi
- Naseem Shah
Bench – Abid Ali/Fawad Alam, Imam-ul-Haq, Sohail Khan, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Kashif Bhatti
Match Stats England V Pakistan
Weather Report Of England V Pakistan
The weather forecast for this match is not very good. There is a lot of rain predicted on almost all days of the test and so we could have plenty of waiting around to do. There has not been a draw yet in this English international season but the weather may force us close to one.
Pitch Stats Of England V Pakistan
- The pitch at Southampton will have a little something in the pitch first up but generally takes spin later.
- Batting first seems to be the right thing to do but the captain might be as happy losing the toss in this match as well.
Recent Match Performance
- England-W W W L W
- Pakistan-L W W D L L
Head To Head Stats Of Previos 5 Matches
Cricket Betting Tips for England V Pakistan
Online Betting Tips
- Bet is in the video above
Who will win between ENG V PAK?
Batting first will be the winner from Today Match Prediction
Winning Dream 11 Team for ENG V PAK
Jos Butler, Joe Root, Babar Azam, Shaheen Afridi
Yasir Shah, Shan Masood, Mohammad Rizwan, Stuart Broad
Fantasy Team Suggestion
- Broad and Lawrence both players are out of the squads so there is going to be big problem for team.
- Nevertheless show must go on, Azam has justified so he should be picked as captain or vice captain.
- Broad has good records in home grounds.
- Woakes can be lethal with his all round performance.
For Head to Head/Small Leagues:
For Grand/Mega Leagues:
Who will win today match?
Comment your own predictions for England V Pakistan, 2nd Test Match? Who will win today’s match of ENG V PAK?